I've heard so many people say: "I wish I could just fall asleep and never have to wake up."(Believe me, I know how that feels because I'm one of those people that have said that at some point of their lives.) But, what do we really mean by that? We all remember the bed times stories of our childhood. The shoe fit Cinderella, the frog was turned into a prince, sleeping beauty was awakened with a kiss. These became our dreams. And as we grew up, we realized that fairy tales don't come true. And then we began dreaming what we thought were "mature dreams." Dreams that, we thought, could come true. To later find ourselves, just like back in our childhood when dreaming with fairy tales, crashed. So then we shifted to the other extreme trying not to dream at all. Because it seems like the other stories, the ones that start in dark and stormy nights and end in the unspeakable, our nightmares, are the ones that become the reality.
But falling asleep and dreaming lovely stories doesn't help at all. But just to feel worse when you have to wake up. Dreams can come true. They don't happened by a chance. They happened by a choice. We make that choice. To keep on sleeping, dreaming and longing for our dreams to come true. Or to wake up, get up, achieve our goals and make our dreams come true.

2 comments:
Ana, this is something very insightful, something that not a few people can identify with.
Hey, you still posting around here?
keep it up girl, it's pretty inspiring..
Post a Comment