I have. But as much as I tried to forget about it I thought more about it. As much as I tried not to be sad, angry, frustrated, etc... about it, I would feel more irritated about it. So frustrated and tired of feeling this way every time I was trying to let something go, I decided to take time and think about the situation, in a way that i could actually come up with a solution. I decided to be honest with myself (and sometimes that can be really hard... perhaps more when you know that part of you inability to let go is your fault).
And I got to a conclusion. Letting go is a process that takes time, just as any other process in your life (like learning to walk, or ride a bike). I found that I was trying to let go in a way that is impossible and more painful than what it's supposed to be.
In order for us to be able to let go and truly get over something, we need to be ready to let you. Yes, you never thought of that ah!... me either. But is true. If you are not ready to let go, you'll keep drowning in the ocean instead of floating. Going deep instead of going to the surface. And no matter how much efforts you put in going up, those energies will be the ones that you push you down. But, how do we know if we are ready to let go? How do we get ready to let go? It is as simple as WANTING to let go. Wanting to let go?? Yes, sometimes we think that we want to let go, and we lie to ourselves saying all the reasons why we should let go, but, do we really believe all of the "should"s? Or may be our inability to let go is knowing that no matter how badly something hurts, we know that letting go hurts worse...

No comments:
Post a Comment